FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice Sought RE: ICN-FRA in OZF
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2011, 5:40 pm
dan1431

Advice Sought RE: ICN-FRA in OZF

I have been doing some reading RE: OZ F and what is offered in terms of AVOD/SEAT/CATERING ex-ICN. In particular I did some reading on the Royal Korean Meal and most of the posts were somewhat dated, with the best containing a dead link to the menu of the Royal Korean Meal ex-ICN.

Al little background:

I have not flown OZ since 2002 and back then I flew J and found it to be a nice ride, nothing more, nothing less. However, from reading posts in this forum and trip reports OZ F looks to be a whole different animal.

In 2006, I redeemed a Sky Team award through DL for KAL, JFK-ICN-KUL CGK-ICN-JFK and I was very underwhelmed by KAL all around. On the return ICN-JFK I was Operationally Upgraded to F and what I came away with was that their Western Meals were great and the Korean entrée which I selected was only meh. I noticed that I was the only person to select the Korean option (because I enjoy Korean Food and figured ex-ICN it should be excellent) and that everybody else including 2 Koreans were enjoying the much better looking Western food.

What are Asiana FTer feeling about The OZ Royal Korean Meal?

Is it something not to be missed or like KAL are their Western Offering far superior to the Korean offerings?

Second RE: Seat selection, I have selected 2K is that seat any better or worse than another seat on my 747?

Thanks,
Dan