FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enrich program from Malaysia Airline is just a disappointment
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:59 pm
adelinegoh

Programs: Enrich, QF, SQ, Marriott, SPG
Thumbs down ENRICH program from Malaysia Airline is just a DISAPPOINTMENT

can anyone tell me how to ensure that the missing Enrich points (from flying with KLM flights) are properly credited?

I fly nearly every week - around 40+ flights per year.
When I was flying the Asian routes with Malaysia Airlines many years ago, I probably have about 3-4 times missing miles not getting recorded - that's ok I can fix that easily.

But now, I am working in Europe and with flying nearly every week for the past two years mainly with KLM flights, loyally quoting my Enrich numbers yet not seeing them being recorded in the end is REALLY really tiring..if you can imagine it. That is a lot of mileage in total although they are small numbers each time.

I had to literally contact the Enrich team something like every 3-4 months to submit my boarding passes and receipts and wait patiently, then counter-check against the Activity Statement if there are missing flights in between those list of flights and European destinations that I have submitted to them manually.

My patience is obviously running thin this time..I still have over a dozen KLM missing flights that are not being credited with Enrich mileage..well 15 KLM flights to be exact, as off December 2010. If I had use the KLM flying blues for these flights, I'm sure I would be going onto a Gold level or something VIP by now. These requests go back from October 2009 and I've been writing again and again to the Enrich team from April 2010 (since it can only be 6months for retro claims) without ANY responses. No one from the Enrich team can tell me why some flights have been credited and some havent..and let me assure you, they are usually not the cheapest class/ticket type because I'm a corporate traveller.

I've also called at least 4 times from Europe to the Enrich office in Malaysia and each time (in addition to the long playing music waiting..) I'm being asked to resend my boarding passes & receipts but later hear no news!! I even tried getting a reference or a contact person name for my calls but the standard reply over the phone is to send an email or fax to the general contacts provided as they check it frequently?!! (nonsense!, as it sounded like they are just afraid of taking up accountability for the hard work/follow up)

In case anyone wonders, yes I HAVE always and religiously quoted the Enrich frequent flyer number during my check-in @KLM but were never captured in the Enrich online system/database sadly. I mean, do I really need to walk into an Enrich-specific counter (is there really one?) at the KLIA airport next time and bang their table? Most Malaysia Airline counters in the European airports do not deal with the Enrich discussion and they'll ask you to refer website, write and call bla-bla-bla..

I dont know what to do anymore except to stop using the Malaysia Airlines Enrich frequent flyer program (yes, disappointed and fed up!) and switch over to KLM's Flying Blue program if this continues into 2011 year. Nobody likes to waste their previous time chasing after the Malaysia Airlines team. I see no point of using Enrich to record my KLM flights (which apparently is the partner airline for Malaysia Airlines) but somehow always have the missing miles. Is their frequent flyer system connected at all, seriously?!

I've already been missing out in terms of redeeming anything from the Enrich program because I have so many miles NOT being credited properly..

so disappointing..and I'm hesitating nowadays to fly with Malaysia Airlines being a Malaysian frequent traveller around the globe (usually I'd be quite proud to be a Malaysian but enough of the Enrich nightmare!). Already..I have 4 flights lining up for early January 2011 and I just dont know which frequent miles to use - is it worthwhile signing up with the KLM's Flying Blue at all in my shoes?

I guess, at the closing of 2010 year this is my one last try to seek help about the Enrich program.. someone out there..help?! any constructive advice/feedback is appreciated!!

tired...

Last edited by adelinegoh; Dec 31, 2010 at 10:07 pm Reason: Add icon