FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Philadelphia Hotels
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:15 pm
ps9a

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jchiguy1
Having stayed at all the hotels mentioned, I have to agree with several others here that the Sofitel is the best choice. Great beds, a location as good as any, personal service and a nice gym. I found the Ritz cold, impersonal and bland, the FS pleasant but ordinary (and a little off the beaten path) and the Rittenhouse in need of a renovation. It is also a short walk from the Sofitel to my favorite Philadelphia restaurant Parc (227 S.18th St. 215 545 2262).
+1 For Sofitel. FS is last choice of the mentioned hotels as you're adding an extra 10-15 minute walk to almost anywhere you're planning on going out. If you're not planning on leaving the hotel, or you're happy cabbing your way around the city, it's a different equation, but the Sofitel (stayed there a month ago, and booked it again for next week) is a good hotel in a great location. I've stayed twice at the FS, once at the Ritz, and about 15 times at the Bellevue (closest to the Broad/Walnut subway, if you're headed to the sports complex). On the plus side, if you're planning on running up the Art Museum steps, your run is shorter from the FS.