FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:35 pm
mnredfox
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by loomis
The check-in time policy strikes me as odd. Kind of sounds like an excuse. I would assume that they preassign rooms and do upgrades first thing in the morning.
+1, very odd indeed. Though explains our bad treatment and being told we were # 60 something on the list as a Diamond. Yeah right.

Originally Posted by AGS
Very interesting, thanks. Actually I was thinking of the case where someone would come to close to either an eel or a stingray without realizing it. The water is fairly cloudy in the lagoon there much of the time and I could see how someone could end up getting a hand or foot too close. And I have watched from the lookout above the waterfalls many times and have seen people swimming very close to turtles and stingrays without even realizing it. It's pretty funny to watch, although I have no doubt I've been in that situation myself at least once.

And thanks for the info on the frogfish, I'll be on the lookout next time I'm down there. Very interesting!

AGS
Snorkeling in the lagoon my sister and I saw something that was a mix of a fish/snake/eel. No idea as neither of us have extensive time in ocean waters, was about 8 inches long, white with black stripes that ran sideways, and you could see scales. Scared the heck out of us and suffice it to say we didn't snorkel there again.