FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:01 am
loomis

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tennisboy
Staying next week in an Ocean View in the Ocean Tower. I know this is farthest from parking, etc., so I am a little torn about it. It's just my wife and me, and I have heard some bad stories about the odors and noise level of rooms in the other tower, but I'm still unsure.

Any advice?

Also I spoke to someone at the hotel and they told me that the week after New Years (when we'll be there) is VERY busy usually. I found this odd because that same week in 2010 we were at the Grand Hyatt Kauai (my favorite hotel in the world) and it was dead.
Odors? That is a new one to me. I have been in the Lagoon Tower for over a week and never noticed any odors.

As far as room location, I think that the Ocean Tower is best for a couple. There are lots of kids in the Lagoon Tower, due to having the biggest slide and pools, as well as the Dolphin Lagoon. You can enjoy an adults only pool down at the Ocean Tower.