FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Weather: Europe / UK Snow/Weather & AA Flights Dec 2010 (consolidated)
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:22 pm
MilesMonster

Programs: AA-Plt, UA-1P, PC Plt, National ECEE
Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
My sisters flight from LHR to ORD (AA87) got canceled at 7:45 (scheduled dep was ~10:00). AA have offered her two choices - 12/23; LHR-JFK then LGA-ORD or her original LHR-ORD itinerary on 12/24. I'm hoping she'll call them back to see if they'll get her into DTW or, even better, GRR to save me driving to ORD. All in all it sucks. She said that it was near riot conditions this morning at LHR.
She might also inquire if seats are available tomorrow on AA55 MAN-ORD.

http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/m...mally-18-12-10

It sounds like she'll otherwise be stuck in London for 3-4 days. To salvage as much of the holiday trip, I would try to find another gateway city to North America. As another option, perhaps taking a train to BRU or CDG to get on one of tomorrow's flights to ORD/JFK/DFW. The easiest option is AA55 MAN-ORD.

As for re-routing to GRR or DTW, that might be a stretch for any transatlantic arriving to ORD. Her original ticket is to ORD, but if she can get re-booked to JFK, DFW, or YYZ; perhaps an AAngel would book her to DTW or GRR.