FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No-Show Absent Minded mistake on my part - Any Chance to waive?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:28 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Third - and this bothers me - even if you are charged, you do not get the MR credit. I understand why this is done, but it still irks me.
On one hand, it seems like Marriott might benefit from people taking "virtual mattress runs." (VMRs!! ) Free revenue with little to no tangible cost...figure anybody who cares enough to do that plans on actually using their goal status the next year.

But I guess the problem is that we (Flyertalkers) would quickly figure out exactly which specific Fairfield Inn in the world was optimal and bombard them with "VMRs", thus impacting their ability to fill the hotel with real guests.

Maybe Marriott should sell VMR's. Of course, that would likely be accompanied with a strict interpretation on requalification as opposed to today's more lenient approach on people who are very close...