FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advise on BKK Sheraton Grande & Royal Orchid
Old Jul 14, 2000, 2:20 am
ROADRUNNER

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
I have stayed there and most of the other hotels. They might have renovated, since. I hope so. It was a little worn at the time. TOO MANY tour groups and Too congested.

I MUCH prefer the Riverside Gardens Marriott, which is up and across the river with wonderful pool and gradens. Great exec floor rooms and restaurants. The hotel free 15 minute water taxi will take you for a nice ride to the Shangri-La hotel pier or the shopping plaza next to the Sheraton. Many river boats pick up passengers there. The air is better at the Marriott. Not as much exhaust.
Have had a number of rings reset and a bracelet 18KT.made at the Royal Jewelers in the plaza connected to the Marriott. Everthing turned out better then expected and much less expensive, then the stores around the Sheraton and Oriental. Up to 1/2 the priceIt was like family there. One of the best shoping experiences ever. And I am not very trusting when it comes to gold. But this family is a gem!

[This message has been edited by ROADRUNNER (edited 07-14-2000).]