FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:50 am
controller1

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Triley
Hello all, I will be traveling to DC with my grandmother and mother for a Friday to Sunday trip in late April. So far, there are great rates at the Westin City Center, and some hotels in Arlington, notably the Sheraton National. (Ended up getting the revenue manager to give me the AAA rate of $129 for a traditional for 3 people. Seems like a great rate.)

Which would you consider to be the lesser of two evils? The Westin City Center, or the Sheraton National? Cheap Elite ranked the Westin City Center second to last in rank of SPG hotels in DC, so that kind of would have me hesitant. And price has to be reasonable, as I am not actually paying for this trip.

If it's any help, we will be taking the Acela to Union Station, and will be flying back out of DCA. We do not mind taking public transportation to/from the hotel, and would actually be preferred, since we won't rent a car for such a short stay. (We would rather be close to a subway station as opposed to the bus, although it would definitely be okay if the hotel runs a shuttle to a subway station.)

Any help that is provided will be appreciated. Thanks!
Originally Posted by Triley
Any body?

You state you don't mind taking public transportation. A couple of posts prior to your original post is a list of Starwood properties and their proximity to Metro stations. You can start there and then look at the Master Threads for each property. You should be able to get all the info you need from those searches.

Have a good trip.