FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I check reward flight availability?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:08 pm
spotwelder

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
How do I check reward flight availability?

Is there any chance that a reward guru could put together a concept of how to check reward flights on partner airlines within 1W without using a telephone.

For example, I would like to check reward availability from LON to KIV and this route is served by Malev. I cannot check this on AA without a phone call. I cannot check this on QF as the route is not listed, without a phone call. I cannot check this on BA as the partner route bit is down (again).

It might not even be possible, because the final part might be a Malev codeshare on Air Moldova metal. This becomes interesting as a marketing ploy for 1W and all the destinations that they count as being available for flights.

I am the world's worst 1W redeemer of miles. I had 3 million expire in the old days and my only recent redemption was 100,000 BA miles for a MAN-LGW single.

One reason for choosing to redeem to KIV is the high ticket price from LON.

I am aware that it might be a complicated matrix but I am sure that someone on the board knows how to do some of it!