FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LY misses the point of 'Premium' in Premium Travel
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:57 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by awayIgo
You more than once indicated that as an AMERICAN you could, unlike Israelis hold your liquor. It had, in my mind, shades of ugly American in it. ( we are better than others) NOW that you tell me that you are a Sabra and an American my original opinion is solidified. Why would you argue that your an American and can hold liquor better than an Israeli--when you are an Israeli!

BTW I honestly do not think one's place of birth has anything to do with how well one hold alcohol. AND I honestly feel it is within the right of the flight attendants ( even in premium classes) to shut someone down
I think he was simply saying that although Israelis tend to drink less than Americans. Not sure if that's indeed the case, but that was the point he was making. I don't think he intended malice or haughtiness, but was simply saying that he felt the FA wanted to cut him off because he was drinking more than a regular Israeli might drink. That's a reasonable, not anti-Israel opinion. (I have no idea who actually drinks more.)