FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC7945 Dec 10 Canceled...why?
View Single Post
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:25 pm
CapitalC

Originally Posted by YYZC2
I believe that aircraft RONs at MSP, where they are expecting something like 10 inches of snow tonight...
Indeed, that is the explanation. MSP got 12-18 inches of snow staring early AM Saturday and was totally closed all day Dec 11th. No flights in our out all day. Flights resume Sunday Dec 12th.

AC/QK could have safely flown 7945 to MSP Friday night Dec 10 however it would have stranded a CRJ there. Since AC/QK operations didn't want their plane and crew stuck in snowy Minneapolis they canceled the flight.

As a result my "weekend in Minneapolis" is a washout. Outbound Friday and return Sunday got rebooked as outbound Sunday and return Monday. That is hardly an acceptable rebooking.

While "weather" is at fault here, and all the cancellations on Dec 11th are Wx and out of AC control...the cancellation of AC/QK 7945 on Dec 10th was a business/operations decision.

So I am due some compensation for the havoc caused by that decision. At least a refund for the flight, right? I assume the prepaid hotel, car, etc. in Minneapolis are a write-off.