FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]
Old Sep 1, 2000, 11:04 am
767300ER

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Report on the new Westin Tremblant Resort

This new Westin just opened about 2 weeks ago and is located 90 min north of Montreal. It is located close to the other hotels, shops and restaurant (just downhill from the Chateau Tremblant).

I spend my last free Friday/Saturday nights there during the last weekend. My experience was not so good mainly because the hotel is open but a lot of things are not ready yet.

Generally speaking the hotel is very nice blending very well with other Intrawest buildings around it. Rooms are great, about 75 suites and 125 reg rooms (great upgrade possibility)

There is a fireplace (natural gas) in every room, balconies in most suites and very nice maplewood furniture. Interior colors are rich (blue, gold, red) Very cozy and confortable (Heavenly bed of course...)

When I came there late on Friday night, their computer system was down and they took some time to find my reservation. They had a very little knowledge of what was SPG and a platimum member. They didn't took care of upgrading me so I got the smallest room available. The hotel was already full when I arrived so no possibility to make change on site :-( I had called the Platimum desk 2 days before to make sure that I could get a King bed + upgrade . The note was well send but nobody took the time to read it.

Swimming pool area was not ready yet and it was the case also for the last 3 floors of the hotel. The restaurant was serving buffet only for breakfast, lunch and dinner (good food), no bar yet and no alcool permit so we drank water....

A Japanese restaurant will open within a month.

When checking out it was worst, they had lost my credit card imprint and I was charged full price for my room. So it took a while to sort this out... Staff was polite and friendly, training was probably done a bit too fast.

For those interested to stay there I would recommend a 1 month wait until everything will be completed. At this point I think it will make the Resort Tremblant a very enjoyable place to stay. Hope that on my next stay things will get better.