FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS
View Single Post
Old Dec 6, 2010, 4:52 am
raunow

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Is anybody else having problems getting retro credit for Uptiontown upgrades on non-SK issued tickets ?

In October I did CPH-(CO)-EWR-(CO)-DFW-(UA)-IAD-(SK)-CPH on a discounted economy UA issued ticket. I succesfully put in a 139€ Optiontown UTO upgrade request to Economy Extra for IAD-CPH (followed by an op-up to Business ;-).

Since this was on a UA issued ticket, I didn't get a reissued ticket following the Optiontown confirmation e-mail, but when I checked in, some comment in the systems alerted the check-in staff in IAD to upgrade me to Y.

BTW, I credited the CO and UA flights to BMI Diamond Club (100% earning) and the SK flight to EB to earn 150% for Economy Extra and to get EBG benefits.

But, when the SK flight posted, it posted as the originally ticketed Discounted Economy (25%) instead of the Optiontown purchased Economy Extra (150%), so I immidiately sent an e-mail to '[email protected]' forwarding my Optiontown confirmation mail, and asking to update my earnings to 150% for Economy Extra (on-line retro claim was not allowed since the system said that "flight is already credited").

The usual 6+ weeks went by, and I got the following a week ago:
- Automated replies telling me that the my CPH-EWR and EWR-DFW flights didn't qualify for EB points since they'd been credited to another FFP (which is totally correct, and why I didn't claim them).
- 300 points for my DFW-IAD flight (that was also credited to another FFP).

, and my SK IAD-CPH flight still stands as the originally ticketed Discounted Economy :-(

So they've totally misread my claim, and just issued automated replies without any direct response. Not that I don't appreciate the (faulty) 300 points for DFW-IAD, but I'd rather have the 6000+ points for IAD-CPH ;-)

I then called EB Customer Service, who could confirm that I was entitled to the points for my Uptiontown purchased class, but who were unable to advise me to anything else that to resubmit my claim and wait another 6+ weeks (which they agreed was not a customer friendly response time). So last week, I resubmitted my claim, and with some luck I can get my points in January. But more likely I have a fight waiting, when the next response (or lack of same) comes from '[email protected]'.

Has anybody else had similar problems getting points from Optiontown upgrades on non-SK tickets ? Any advice ?