View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 10, 8:22 pm
ksm06

Programs: AC SE100K, Accor Plat
Another vote for the do it camp. I say go for it for sure, I've been on LH F twice and really enjoyed the experience - I still love AC pods but I would pay the extra points for the first experience. The First Class Terminal in FRA is simply awesome.

I was in a similar situation for my next trip on points next year, only MUC-YUL was available in F but I still booked hoping F would free up (and thought even one way the extra points were worth it) on the way over and it did for YUL-ZRH on LX so pretty excited now for that. (gladly paid the change fee)

One other thing to consider is if you are travelling 2 people together it will be easier to talk on LH F or LX F most likely as you can get 2 seats side by side vs the pods for AC that are great for travelling by yourself but hard to talk to a travelling companion.

The other factor for myself with the first vs. business choice was that there is always the chance work wise of the odd trip in business, or maybe (fingers crossed) some day an op-up to business on AC. However, short of winning the lottery or gaining status on another airline (no plans) this was really the only way I would get to experience true first class.