View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 10, 4:07 pm
LufthansaFlyer

Originally Posted by braysu View Post
I am travelling to Rome for a cruise next May. Flying YOW to FCO returning via Barcelona (BCN) to YOW.

I booked 2 business class seats with Aeroplan points via Frankfurt ( one stop only) so I could sit in the AC pods. 2 tickets cost me 160,000 miles. Only problem is all legs are Business class except for one seat from YOW to FRA. I called aeroplan ( even though I check on-line constantly) to see what other options may be available to ensure we have the flatbed pods on the long haul flights. The aeroplan agent I got yesterday was very experience ( been there 25 years) & suggested I try to Lufthansa first class via Montreal. Claims first class on Lufthansia has flatbeds, gourmet chefs, limo service to plane from lounge, massages in lounge etc and well worth the extra points much better than Business class on AC.

So I would have to have 2 stops now instead of a stop each way, pay a $180 change fee + pay an extra 20,000 each person or 40,000 points.

Can anyone provide an opinion if First class with Luftansia is worth the extra Points or should I stick to my Business Class AC flights with only one stop and keep trying for a busines class seat to be released?

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/First..._p=DE&blt_l=en

Thanks
LH first class will give you a great ride. Great food, great service and they certainly treat you right on the ground. Not to mention the First class lounge that you'll be able to access.