FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:23 pm
notquiteaff
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by qbrain
Hyatt is not great on the technology front. If there is ever another long term promotion like this one (15 nights spread over 6 months before seeing a change), I will be sure to send off an email to GPCS at the beginning and about a month before the end, verifying what I think I know.

I had forgotten that I did it, but I confirmed that I was signed up for the promotion via email, and still had copies of the email.
Whenever I have a promo that runs over an extended period of time and is likely going to "confuse" me down the road (or where I lose track as to what I have completed and still need to accomplish), I create a tracking spreadsheet in Google Docs where I maintain all the relevant information. I did that for the fast track promo, for the various FFNs and also for the 10k bonus points. And then I have another little "to-do" list spreadsheet where I track all the various bonuses etc. that I expect to earn. I.e., I book a stay at the GH Timbuktu today for 3 months down the road. If I know now that I will earn a G1 bonus, I put it into that spreadsheet right now, because by the time the stay comes around I might either forget or Hyatt reorgs their website and I can't find it anymore.