Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)

Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
See my response in the other thread. Looks like we had the same issue with the same promo. Easy to fix.
which thread?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
which thread?
This one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15249297-post118.html
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Thanks!

I did manage to call CS.

Part my fault, part theirs. I was under the impression that I had until Sep 30 to complete my 15 nights, but apparently, it was 180 days from the date of registration! Oops! T&C were a bit ambiguous, and my 15th stay was 3 days after my 180th day - aaaaagh!

But, Hyatt, as always, came through! The supervisor agreed that the wording was very ambiguous, and that because my account had always reflected Sep 30 as Tier expiration, he could understand why I was under the impression that I had until that date to get my 15 nights in (which I did).

He very kindly gave me the status until 2/2012. I was very appreciative.

I <heart> Hyatt. And, it's why I always look to them first for hotel bookings now whenever I need a hotel.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
Thanks!

I did manage to call CS.

Part my fault, part theirs. I was under the impression that I had until Sep 30 to complete my 15 nights, but apparently, it was 180 days from the date of registration! Oops! T&C were a bit ambiguous, and my 15th stay was 3 days after my 180th day - aaaaagh!

But, Hyatt, as always, came through! The supervisor agreed that the wording was very ambiguous, and that because my account had always reflected Sep 30 as Tier expiration, he could understand why I was under the impression that I had until that date to get my 15 nights in (which I did).

He very kindly gave me the status until 2/2012. I was very appreciative.

I <heart> Hyatt. And, it's why I always look to them first for hotel bookings now whenever I need a hotel.
A very sensible solution from customer service. Makes me happy that Hyatt's been getting 95% of my hotel spend this year.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: United Platinum
A very sensible solution from customer service. Makes me happy that Hyatt's been getting 95% of my hotel spend this year.
I had the same issue and the same result...I was very pleased with the CS I received.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
I had the same issue (Oct expiration, I thought I had until the 30th, but only had until the 9th).

The first CS agent told me too bad; when I asked for a manager, the manager told me too bad as well.

I called back 2 minutes later and the CS agent said no problem. Go figure.

All is well that ends well (which for me means using a Diamond Cert next year for a week in Kauai!)
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP Hyatt Dia SPG Gold Fairmont Plat
DOH! I made the same mistake. My expiration is Nov 30, so I completed my 15th night Nov 26th but I was supposed to be done by Nov 1 (by my math).

Email sent to GPCS, hopefully whoever I get had a good Thanksgiving
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by qbrain
DOH! I made the same mistake. My expiration is Nov 30, so I completed my 15th night Nov 26th but I was supposed to be done by Nov 1 (by my math).

Email sent to GPCS, hopefully whoever I get had a good Thanksgiving
Originally Posted by GPCS email
Regarding the Diamond Trial promotion, once enrolled in the promotion
you received a trial Diamond membership for 180 days. In order to
maintain the Diamond membership you must have completed 15 eligible
nights within 180 days of enrollment. Our records show your enrollment
date as May 25, 2010. Your 180 days were up on November 21, 2010. Our
records indicate that you had 11 eligible nights under this promotion.
Unfortunately, you did not complete the required amount to maintain
Diamond Status. Your Diamond Status will expire on November 30, 2010.
Not so good for me. I have 2 nights before May 25th and 4 nights after November 21 that I thought would count toward the promotion.

I pleaded my case that I had 15 nights before my temp status expired. I am not sure how I got registered on May 25th, since the promotion was discontinued May 14th, but I think things are doubtful since it appears from their records I don't even have enough nights after registration.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 12:15 pm

Not so good for me. I have 2 nights before May 25th and 4 nights after November 21 that I thought would count toward the promotion.

I pleaded my case that I had 15 nights before my temp status expired. I am not sure how I got registered on May 25th, since the promotion was discontinued May 14th, but I think things are doubtful since it appears from their records I don't even have enough nights after registration.
I wish Hyatt had a way for you to track these things online. It is very easy to get misled about your qualification when the tier expriation is later than the real deadline. They don't even send you a confirmation email verifying when you signed up and what your deadline is, so you have nothing in writing.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by DealDetective
I wish Hyatt had a way for you to track these things online. It is very easy to get misled about your qualification when the tier expriation is later than the real deadline. They don't even send you a confirmation email verifying when you signed up and what your deadline is, so you have nothing in writing.
Haha! That sums up what I said to Hyatt in my email. My final version was about 3 pages long and included references.

Hyatt is not great on the technology front. If there is ever another long term promotion like this one (15 nights spread over 6 months before seeing a change), I will be sure to send off an email to GPCS at the beginning and about a month before the end, verifying what I think I know.

I had forgotten that I did it, but I confirmed that I was signed up for the promotion via email, and still had copies of the email. GPCS denied my request twice before I remembered the email, so I sent the email thread about my registration along with my misunderstanding about the completion date not being the expiration date of my status. That was enough justification, they pushed my status through and my story ends happily as of about 5 minutes ago.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt is not great on the technology front. If there is ever another long term promotion like this one (15 nights spread over 6 months before seeing a change), I will be sure to send off an email to GPCS at the beginning and about a month before the end, verifying what I think I know.

I had forgotten that I did it, but I confirmed that I was signed up for the promotion via email, and still had copies of the email.
Whenever I have a promo that runs over an extended period of time and is likely going to "confuse" me down the road (or where I lose track as to what I have completed and still need to accomplish), I create a tracking spreadsheet in Google Docs where I maintain all the relevant information. I did that for the fast track promo, for the various FFNs and also for the 10k bonus points. And then I have another little "to-do" list spreadsheet where I track all the various bonuses etc. that I expect to earn. I.e., I book a stay at the GH Timbuktu today for 3 months down the road. If I know now that I will earn a G1 bonus, I put it into that spreadsheet right now, because by the time the stay comes around I might either forget or Hyatt reorgs their website and I can't find it anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.