FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1K the Hard Way--EQS Qualifiers Unite!
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:29 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by reddirt14
I'm not thrilled with it either. But let's face it... United is run by MBAs not bean counters. They don't realize that the money is in the short domestic routes that we'll pay $3-500 to fly short notice weekly. They some how think they will build an airline out of 5,000+ mile flights. Personally I think United should just put the nail in their coffin now, cancel all domestic flights and declare themselves the greatest international carrier in the world. They should fold up shop before the end of 2011 and we'll be done with them and can move on to a carrier with a more realistic approach to running an airline.
Wow...and do you think with that much less competition, that carriers will make it cheaper or more rewarding to fly? Let's take it to an extreme...one carrier only exists, the level of incentive programs would be zero...why have them, you have a captive audience. The more competition, the greater the need to compete.