FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1K the Hard Way--EQS Qualifiers Unite!
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:53 pm
GlencoeGuy

Programs: 1K; HH Diamond; HGP Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
1K the Hard Way--EQS Qualifiers Unite!

OK, so I saw a couple of people mention on the main MP/OP changes thread that it might be a good idea to start a new thread for those who made 1K (or will like me this year) on doing 100 or more EQS to post and perhaps be counted (and heard) by United folks in light of the 20% increase in segments required to make 1K in 2012 -- from 100 to 120. Someone specifically mentioned that United thought this was a relatively small number of people. Of course, that raises a question in my mind that if it was such a small number, then why mess with it? Then again, logic is never something that applies well to airlines, I guess.

Anyway, my story: new job requirements this year forced me to start flying a lot for business. So, I flew segment number 97 tonight (DCA-ORD) and will be on 98 tomorrow (ORD-SAN) for vacation. Will make 100 next week on my usual ORD-PHL near-weekly RT bus ride to work. I will end the year with 107 segments, absent unexpected travel, but that will only add up to about 90,000 miles, thanks for a OGG and a handful of SFO/LAX-ORD trips. But when it comes down to it, I will have flown practically EVERY WEEK this year. I only remember a single flight where I connected (i.e., 4 segments for a RT) and I got a couple of segments total from 4 FC bonus flights. Flying this kind of schedule for 2011, it looks like I get to be a 1P+, I guess, in 2012, after enjoying my year 1K year in 2011. I thought MP was supposed to be a LOYALTY program... If choosing to fly United practically every week isn't loyalty, then what is? But I guess it's "Thanks for playing!" Any lovely parting gifts, Johnny?

So that's my story. Fellow 1K EQS'ers, make yourself known here on FT.