FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:39 am
Minneapolis

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Earn Honors Points with Social Media Check-Ins

Team,

Earlier this week I saw on one of Hilton’s many disjointed Twitter feeds a tweet about a third party app that rewards travelers with HHonors points for social media check ins. A user earns 50 HHonors points per check in at a DoubleTree hotels.

Randomly, I was at a Doubletree this weekend for a wedding so I signed up. Viola! All you have you do is check in either on Foursquare or Facebook places after entering your HH number. Such an easy 50 points. Sure, 50 HH points is worth less than a penny on the ground, but I could see how these would add up. Note: earning is capped at 50pts/day.

If you live or work near a DoubleTree (time to buy a nicer house!), I don’t think that the app can tell if you are genuinely at the property or just checking in.

Rewards points are also available for other hotel chains and one airline (very limited) see the iTunes link here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/topgu...01468434?mt=8#

It looks like Gowalla, Looptsar and TwitLoc are not supported, only FBP and 4SQ.

Updated to add: In addition to DoubleTree, Hampton Inn check ins count as well! found this thread 50 Hilton HHonors points per digital "check-in" at Hampton Hotels (via Topguest.com) - thanks to MarkMColo for the info.

Last edited by Minneapolis; Mar 13, 2012 at 10:24 pm