FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WBI & patdowns: The impact
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:36 am
mulieri

Programs: CO Platinum
This forum is full of people that must fly as part of their job. People that do not want to be violated every time they have to go to the airport for their job.

You would probably tolerate sexual harassment at a client site, because going to the client is part of the job. And everybody has to work, right.

Everyone here want to fix the problem. What part of that don't you get???

Originally Posted by RosemaryT
There are people (such as myself) who really don't have viable options to flying.

Isn't this a forum for frequent fliers? I'm already leery of air travel and I'm nervous as a cat whilst zooming through the air in an aluminum cigar with fuel-laden wings and uninspected cargo. Why add to the angst?

Of course, I would STOP flying if that was an option, but here in Virginia, Amtrak is abysmal, and car travel is excruciatingly slow and difficult (and potentially dangerous) for older women such as myself. I have a *terrible* time with falling asleep at the wheel after 3-4 hours of driving.

My point is, those of us who have to fly frequently already dread it enough. How about we look at ways to fix the existing problem without beating up on people who have to fly?

Until I have sufficient savings in place to retire, I must work and for now, that means I must fly.

Give us frequent fliers a little break, eh?

Rose