FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Join Us: 1K/GS Seeking to Move to AA and Have Executive Platinum Status Matched
Old Nov 17, 2010, 5:30 pm
LarkSFO

Status match to Plat, yes but it is a 'Challenge' not a match...

Originally Posted by bmw303
Does AA even status match?
I don't know how to link to a specific post, so pardon my cross posting here...

Yes, you can do a Plat Challenge. The AA Phone Agent I spoke with said she had never seen a match or challenge to ExPlat... (Maybe Bliss can change that! )

So, Bliss, I am already moving forward with the Plat Challenge (I am 1K with 115K BIS miles when 2010 finishes). If you have any luck with the group ExPlat status match / challenge, let me know!

Thanks!

This is the Thread:

JSD's comprehensive guide to AA for UA 1K's

Called AA just a few minutes ago to find out more about the Plat challenge.

The phone agent could not have been more helpful / friendly.

1) $200 to initiate the Platinum Challenge (depends upon start month because if you start in some months you get one and 1/2 years of Plat), pick your start date 1st or 15th of any month.

2) IF you ask, they will give you Gold from Day 1 while you are doing the Plat challenge. You must ask the agent for this - it is not the default! (Thanks FT / AA Wiki!)

3) Earn 10,000 EQP (Points do not equal miles!) and I'll have Plat until the end of February 2012.

Oh, and then the nice agent looked at my AA account and noticed I had about 65K expired RDM's... She mentioned that when I sign up for the Plat Challenge, I should also ask for the 'Re-engagement Challenge'. Basically after I spend a certain amount ($750?) on AA I will get 50K miles back at no charge. Great deal.

Then she said after that I could do a Level 2 (?) challenge by getting the Citi AA card and that my other 15K miles would be reinstated at no charge.

So:

- I'll have Plat until 2/12 after 10,000 EQP
- I'll get 65,000 RDM's reinstated at no charge
- I'll have the 30,000 mile bonus from signing up for the Citi AA card
- plus the RDM's I earn achieving the Plat challenge...

Not a bad deal in my book. $200 for the challenge plus the cost to earn 10,000 EQP. I'll be a Plat and have 100K + RDM's to redeem.