FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Mileage Plus and OnePass elite program developments
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:20 am
adambrau

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
The only thing that I find weird is that they increased the EQS to 120 while keeping the mileage requirement for 1K at 100K.

Otherwise the changes don't bother me at all. We nearly lost CR1's a while back when UDU started, and with Onepass having none we could have fared worse - ie lose them again. I never use all my CR1's as it is.

And my advise for anyone who is planning to switch to another FF program because of this is "fine, go ahead". But if you really are in it for the longhaul it doesn't help your lifetime miles levels to switch every time something gets devalued a bit. I would argue that apart for the 1K segment flyers this is not a big deal, and with nearly 1.4k million lifetime miles I am not going to switch over to AA - that in my opinion would be really nuts.

It seems like UA and CO are aligning themselves somewhere down the middle of the road on matters where previous practices were different. I am waiting to see what is going to happen to E+, if we lose that then the merger will have been a true devaluation for UA flyers. This, on the other hand, seems to be peanuts.