FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2011 Mileage Plus and OnePass elite program developments
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:17 am
kb1992
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs down This is CO

Originally Posted by Biff98
Ahemmm......

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a horrible development. I just got my email and thought I'd check FT. I'm VERY glad to join my FT brethren in displaying our SEVERE distaste to these developments.

I *HATE*, I mean with a passion, HATE when companies try to tell me that making my experience WORSE is actually BETTER and NEW. It makes me feel like:

- The company is trying to hoodwink it's customers
- The company is treating me like a child
- Attempting to evoke the exact opposite attitude I have towards the information.

Dear United PR,
I know you're only doing your job, but JEEZ, to us "true" travelers here on the forum, couldn't you have at least said something like,

"Ok guys, I know this isn't going to be good news for you, but here's what's coming down the pipe."

I think you would have gotten a LOT warmer reception here on the forums. We all understand the game is going to change with the merger, but COME ON.

I live in Denver, I've been a loyal United flyer for years, but I am just NOT that premium or frequent of a flyer. For folks who do 120 EQS or easily 150K BIS these rules probably don't affect the much, but it's a huge effect on me, and:

I'M GOING SHOPPING FOR A NEW AIRLINE.

Not saying I'll find one given my situation, but I'M LOOKING.
Hello, people.

CO has been acting like this for long time.

When they installed 50% EQM on cheap fares, CO claimed it's "a benefit".

Whenever I see "ENHANCEMENT" from CO, I felt some cuts are coming.

Wake up. CO master is at its best again.