FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jet airways strict about baggage weight?
View Single Post
Old Oct 31, 2010, 3:31 pm
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
dont get me started on LH and OS from India.. on the return from EU I found it much easier with even 5kgs but not from India..
Normally occurs with anal-retentive LH Flight Managers who have nothing else to do except follow the rules by the letter - happens to me at one specific airport each and every time!

Originally Posted by dgxoxo
I have no sympathy for people that are flying deep discount Y tickets that are then attempting to stuff 30kg into luggage and then throwing DYKWIA temper tantrums when being asked to pay fees or remove items from luggage.

(and don't even get me started on the abuses on carry on luggage on flights to / from India)
Or maybe it is some of us who are paying *higher* than the lowest Y fare for the flight (INR 20k extra) and still having to deal with attitudes such as yours...

Originally Posted by Gemuse
Oh come on; 500kg extra should be nothing for an airline, whats next, they are going to start weighing passengers to see if the plane is under limit?
Exactly - might as well now fare us up based on our weight/s! @:-)

Originally Posted by dgxoxo
And that rationale justifies breaking stated policies? Like I said, if this issue is so important, vote with your wallet and fly with an airline that allows leeways.
I have already boycotted SQ, and they *do not* get a single Singaporean Cent from me - for the past 7 years...everything has gone to 9w and LH!

Originally Posted by saad
i've said it before & i'll say it again, it all depends on the person checking you in....

the craziest experience i had was last year when i was flying from lhr-del....ideally the allowance is 28 kgs but because i was traveling in first, it went up to 69 kgs....i'm plat so i was allowed an additional 20kgs....i also have the jet plat card from citibank which gave me an extra 15 kgs (normally they don't allow this on international flights but the supervisor at check-in was really nice & she allowed it)....so i was allowed a total of 104 kgs....

even after all this extra allowance, my luggage was about 10 kgs overweight....all thanks to the 2 heavy bags of books & files i had carried for my arbitration....plus i had another bag full of shopping items that my wife asked me to get back....

i was ready to pay the excess baggage fee but the supervisor just let me go....very sweet of her for first including the extra allowance from my credit card & then waiving off the 10 kgs extra....
Technically, the Citi-Jet Plat card does not allow an add-on of luggage allowance - your elite baggage allowance is used in lieu of same, trumping the cc allowance - AFAIK and as per 9wSIN station.