FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tell me the prices are going to drop (BOS-FLL) on empty planes for mid January
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:30 pm
Out of my Element

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Should prices drop (BOS-FLL) on empty planes for mid Jan (still hoping for info)

Been watching mid January for Boston to Fort Lauderdale, and the prices have done nothing but go up. Was $159, then $179, then $196 (or so), now it's $200 one way, and over $250 coming back (gotta do non-stop, I don't trust JFK during winter for a changeover).

I know about school vacation, etc, but figured we'd see a drop some time over the past 8 weeks that we've been checking (logging in nearly every day), but no luck. So decided tonight just to book it and cut our losses. Get in there to see the flights are over 80% empty! So closed the browser tab, and came over here to see if anyone has any advice/history, etc.

If the planes remain this empty, will they eventually reduce the price? And if so, how soon will they start doing so? I can handle it going up a bit more, but it's close to ridiculous already!

Thanks!

Last edited by Out of my Element; Nov 3, 2010 at 6:43 am Reason: updating question