FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gift Card choices?
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2010, 5:21 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
It's not discrimination because FF members are not a protected minority. Honestly! (exasperated) The way people throw the word discrimination around amazes me. From wiki: "Discrimination is a sociological term referring to the treatment taken toward or against a person of a certain group in consideration based solely on class or category."

Perhaps I should sue DL on discrimination charges because they gave an upgrade to someone who paid more for a ticket or flew more with DL than I. I am a SM member and so was the upgraded person. Clearly DL discriminated against me.

Also, I don't hold a Capitol One CC but they won't give me free tickets. Clearly this is discrimination based on me NOT being a customer of Capitol One. Call Al Sharpton.

[okay, sarcasm done]

Please think before you throw yourself into a category of people throughout history and today that have been denied employment, housing, medical services, etc due to bona fide discrimination. I've logged on to SMMP many times and never once did they ask me if was black, female, gay, or Jewish. (Okay, gay is not a protected minority but most will get the idea)

Delta offered this perk to customers that hold a DL-branded CC and Medallions. They did not discriminate against your daughter. I say "offered" instead of "offer" because this will soon be past tense according to the NY Times......

Marketplace gift cards will be available for all SM members.. according to NY Times

Perhaps DL saw your thread and took action. But I doubt it was for fear of civil right lawsuits.