FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fees and baggage interlining - a total mess nowadays?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:22 am
forextrader

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
After doing a search and coming across this thread I am none the wiser - so trust the good people on FT might be able to help me out.

My mom is flying AA JFK-LHR Business Class Award, so she will be allowed 2 bags free of charge.

She will stay in London a few days then take a train from London to Manchester (as a side note Virgin trains are very good with helping people with luggage who do require help, as my mom is 75 yrs old).

Now comes the issue:

Her return trip is also an award flying MAN-LHR (British Airways) then LHR-JFK (AA) - due to award availability (just after the New Year) - the only award available was ECONOMY with only one bag allowed free.

The question is - will she have to pay for a second bag on the return flight OR will she be entitled to the Business allowance as it's all on the same reservation?

British Airways rule is:

What is my allowance?

Travelling in more than one cabin

If you are travelling in more than one cabin, e.g. outbound in economy and return in business class ( mom is doing the opposite) YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE MORE GENEROUS ALLOWANCE FOR THE WHOLE JOURNEY.

It's an AA award ticket, but she will be checking in with BA - so would the BA rules apply?

Your considered opinions are welcomed.