FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA and Jetstar (JQ) partner in New Zealand
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:11 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Regular seats are free and you are not an elite with JQ. Even QF charges for exit row pre-selection where available internationally
I very much disagree with QF's practice. Thankfully, I have not had to worry about that.

You wouldn't since Jetstar is not related to Oneworld
Ah, but it is very much related to Qantas. As a WP, I can very much complain about that. As an EXP, I can peripherally complaint about it. Either way, I'd like to see JQ out and QF in (or back).

FF miles are not the be all and end all of travel
Sacrilege! Welcome to FlyerTalk. I'm Spiff, and I am a frequent flyer.

Most people who travel do not have status with airlines and JQ is not imo majorly different than AA for those without status in what they offer though they do offer lounge access at a lower cost and they do allow purchase exit row seating
I do have status. And I expect said status to do something for me when I fly an airline related to a major international airline that I do have status on. (QF) If I wanted a status-free experience, I'd choose to fly much differently.

JQ isnt an airline with free for all seating etc; it is like travelling with any other airline
Oh no. It's a discount carrier with a relationship with a supposedly premium airline. And while I might be able to get an assigned seat or slip someone $20 for lounge access, I consider such "perqs" to be very substandard compared to the perqs I receive when I fly an airline like QF, AA, or DL.