FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possible reason behind 7kg carry-on weight limit on some airlines
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:46 pm
Nugget_Oz

Originally Posted by crazyMRer
I don't want unlimited baggea on planes. I want what I am currently allowed by US airlines, not more. I take a roller and computer backpack.

I can easily lift my bag every time. I will never bump into you withy my bag. Airlne bins are built and certified to handle multiple 30 LBS bags per bin. Why would you care if you are sitting below my bag?

When you fly as much as me, saving a little time every trip by not checking bags really adds up! I suggest you learn to do the same if you value your time.
That's fine as I usually travel with only carry on but then one needs to pack appropriately. I think Celle is referring to those passengers who believe that if they want to take the kitchen sink via carry on they can. If I am taking or planning on getting things that are oversize or heavy then I will usually check-in my luggage.

Travelling with carry on only means taking less clothing, being prepared to wash whilst there and not packing every piece of conceivable equipment possible. Some of what I see being "carried on" to US airlines would probably be rejected for being overweight for Asia Pacific check-in.