FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Continental OnePass Plus - 25k+5k+$50
Old Oct 12, 2010, 6:45 pm
pawtim

Programs: All, but no status!
Originally Posted by HoKo
I went through the exact same thought process when I first saw this offer. I was initially rejected as a result of my application for the UA Visa back in April...gonna be my 6 month anniversary tomorrow though, so I'm going to call in sometime soon and take advantage of the CSR's offer to close my UA card and open up the CO card.

By the time I get the card I'm only going to have about 8 weeks to get 25K in spend... pretty tough even with coins but I think I'm going to go put the SPG and Schwab 2% in the sock drawer and go for it.

How about you Paw, you striving for 25k or just going to stick with your SPG?
I'm not sure. With the Schwab card, spending $25k gets $500 in cash rebates, so the rational question is:

Are 35,000 CO miles worth $500 to me? That's about 1.4 cents per mile.

The rational answer is probably no. But am I really so rational?

Other considerations are that coming close but not quite making it makes a big difference with the CO card, but spending $24,950 on the Chuck card still gets you $499.

And, I *could* spend my $500 cash on revenue flights, earning some miles the old fashion way.
So, I don't know. I'm thinking about it. I don't even know what my credit limit is on this card yet...if it's ridiculously low it'd be quite annoying to do $25k in 2 months.