FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is this fair?
Thread: Is this fair?
View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2010, 6:06 pm
Cedar Jet

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Question Is this fair?

As mentioned in other posts I have QF/EY codeshare flights in Nov.
My fiirst destination is Amman. There is only one flight that day from SYD-AUH.(I need to depart that day as my meetings can only happen the fiollowing day).

DEP SYD: 1545
ARR AUH: 2340

DEP AUH: 0810
ARR AMM: 0940

Despite this flight being the only possible connection on the day with either QF or EY, QF have refused a hotel for the long transit despite my Plat status and being a J pax.

I tried to compromise and asked to be transferred to the MEL flight that day, despite it being more hassle, which departs MEL at approx 2300 which would mean only a 2 hour transit in AUH.
QF refused despite selling this option on QF website for same price as SYD departure with long transit.

Response was you should have booked through QF or you need to pay extra for the SYD-MEL connection, despite it costing the same on webiste.
(The total airfare was nearly $400 more on QF webiste than I paid thru TA)

Am I being unreasonable asking for a hotel? Surely with my status and being a premium pax this request is doable. I responded to FF Plat desk and Plat customer service asking "so QF is happy when a Plat in J class is left wondering an airport for over 8 hours?" They remained silent.

I wonder if Red Roo can add some sense here?

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Oct 10, 2010 at 6:14 pm