FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jet airways strict about baggage weight?
View Single Post
Old Oct 7, 2010, 8:27 am
abhilife2001

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by dgxoxo
maybe it's because an abnormal percentage of passengers leaving India (whether natives or tourists) attempt to abuse the rules and throw temper tantrums when asked to pay? rules exist for a reason. if you need to take more than the stated limit, then either (a) pay for excess luggage quietly, with dignity, without cajoling or threatening the check in agent, (b) pay for a class of service that permits extra luggage or (c) ship the items ahead of time.

I have no sympathy for people that are flying deep discount Y tickets that are then attempting to stuff 30kg into luggage and then throwing DYKWIA temper tantrums when being asked to pay fees or remove items from luggage.

(and don't even get me started on the abuses on carry on luggage on flights to / from India)
I am well aware of the reasons and dont disagree with you..
but what i mean is even when travelling from india to someplace, there are airlines which do give a lil flexibility and dont treat or demean u for 2-3 kgs .. SQ, TG, EK are one of the better ones which I base on my own and experiences from my colleagues...
The problem is not with charging but with the way it is all communicated and done.. and the airline can only gain more loyalty by giving 2-3 kgs grace..( am not asking 10kgs grace pls note)..