FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for 2HR MX Delay
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:31 am
gsforfree

Originally Posted by Stranger
Compensation for a two hours delay?

Why would anyone with an ounce of reason expect compensation for such a minor delay?
Last time I checked, a schedule is published for a reason. I understand that there are delays in travel, but expecting that a 2 hr delay is reasonable in out of the question.

It bothers me that people are OK with it. Granted, AC is a captive carrier for many people, but if passengers accept 2 hr delays (clear weather) as par for the course, then how are we getting what we pay for?

Though, I do enjoy flying AC and the service is a notch above other NA carriers, if I am scheduled to land at 1205, it's reasonable to expect to land near that time.

Originally Posted by why fly
I doubt you will get anything. AC is not a good airline for compensation. However start at the top.
[email protected]
I don't like wasting people's time, the president seems like overkill.

Originally Posted by zorn
I think it's on the low edge of where one might expect any consideration at all (such as an airport voucher for a drink, for example).

Contact the airline for some miles or a future discount? Sure, why not.

Obviously it would be stupid to email the president of the airline over the matter.

Your meeting wasn't very important anyway, so I'm not sure if bringing it up will make your case any better. Just note the delay. You might not get anything, so don't put too much effort into it (including emotional effort.)
Whether the meeting was important is a non-issue - it was scheduled at 3 o'clock and I missed it due to AC's negligence in maintaining their aircraft. Schedule a meeting for 3 hrs after landing is reasonable, by any standard.

Interestingly, AC has no employees in PIT, they're UA workers so no help with AC irrops.

Last edited by gsforfree; Oct 4, 2010 at 11:37 am