FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice Hotels Property Review Thread
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:43 am
asandrs

St Laurent du Var (Nice), France

I needed to get out of Nice for a few days R & R and there's a Comfort Inn at St Laurent du Var (just west of Nice airport). 12k points a night (rack rate over 100 euros).

I stayed there for 3 nights and after being in France for 6 months and staying in hotels where the total room size was smaller than some of the hotel room bathrooms i'd had in the US. this place was a welcome change - in fact it was just like being in the US - large room that could use a spruce up / repaint in a hotel that could use a spruce up.

But having said that it was great - 2 minute walk to the beach (and there is a bit of a beach at St Laurent, as opposed to the Nice pebbles / rocks), big balcony with a sea / Alps view, a real bath (a real plus after 6 months of showers), a real relaxing atmosphere, 5 minutes walk from the CAP3000 mall and a multitiude of good restaurants at the beach / harbour, easy connection to Nice (train or for an easier walk to the hotel bus 52). All in all - a real relaxing stay - the hotel is no palace but hey - this is a comfort inn !