FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miles Recognition from AC
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:38 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Clipper801
AC has not publicly published the official rules for this million miler programme. They seem to have trouble to readily tell us our total AC miles since joining. May be Maclean knows something that we don't know?
Well, given the numbers I received from AE, and the way the article states the requirements, I qualify for the 3 Million Miler tier...maybe even higher. As yet I have not even received the 1 Million Miler package. So if Maclean's knows these are the real requirements, I can hardly wait for the postman to deliver my three kits! (I still have my letter from CP in 1988 congratulating me on having earned a million points in their program, so you can toss in another two or three million CP points to my three plus million AE miles!)

The point is we know it is not all AE miles earned since the start of the program, or one's joining, but just AC/Jazz flight miles. Nowhere does the article say this and thus leaves readers to assume it is all their AE miles, from flights on all STAR partners as well as AC/Jazz, credit card, hotel, rental car and bonus miles. And the number 170,000 is certainly an overstatement of the number actually qualifying for the Million Miler status under the terms we've been told. That's almost 20x the number of SEs!