FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four seasons: Lanai or maui ???
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2010, 5:08 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by OliverB
Thanks so much... I've decided that we're definitely going to Big Island and I'm 100% sold on the Four Seasons Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu!

My girlfriend lives in Maui temporarily (for the year) as she's enrolled in courses but she owns a car with a HI plate. I don't think her driver's license would be registered in Maui since she's from the East Coast... what sort of proof or residency would be required and can be given to acquire the FS discounts and how significant are we talking?

I'm looking at the Ocean View 'Deluxe Prime Suites' with lanai and outdoor shower, etc. It appears as though it will cost a fortune so if indeed the discount can be applied and is significant, it would be a huge relief! What kind of knock-off percentage are we talking on the room, and any idea if it can be paired with other 'special' rates or discount codes?

Thanks!!!
She can try her student ID and vehicle registration, but if I was her, I'd just get a HI drivers license - it will be the easiest way and open up a world of discounts.

If she doesn't want to get the license, she can get a state ID card - but either way, you'd want to clear her choice of residency ID with the hotel before booking - and don't call them and emphasize she is a "temporary resident just taking some classes" or they may deny the Kama'aina rate.