FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st trip to Oahu 1/4/11 - 1/9/11
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2010, 1:39 pm
OFV

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tednugent(no relation)
Aloha slippahs!
Thanks for the link.
I knew most of the story, and this filled in the gaps.
My understanding is that there is a way to get there along the old road to the decommissioned power station, NOT through the neighborhood that causes all the concern. This may cross over some of the Kam School land mentioned.

I have taken this route and done the hike and chatted with the security guard afterward without incident (other than sore legs ).

Now, that said, it was not my intent to encourage trespassing or law breaking on this forum, so OP please disregard my original suggestion about the Haiku Stairs.

As far as encouraging public consumption of alcohol on a beach, Again, it is not my intention to encourage law breaking. I was simply referencing my own experience over 8 years here that if one minds one's own business, keeps an adult beverage under wraps (paper bag, coozie, whatever), isn't a jerk and isn't flagrant about it, it might be possible to enjoy a plate lunch, a sunset and a cold one in peace.

This has worked for me personally in Waikiki, Kailua, Waimea, Sunset, Pupukea, Makaha, Ewa, Kamaole 3, Kaanapali, Makena, Kapaa, Princeville and Kona. My risk tolerance may be higher than some, but I think I'm pretty run-of-the-mill in that regard.

But again, it is not my intent to encourage law breaking on this forum, so OP please disregard my original suggestion about the a beer at sunset as well.

That's a bummer about the Haiku stairs...it sounded right up my alley. Thanks for the tips everyone...as I finalize my itinerary I'm sure I'll have more questions.

So, where is the best place to get a "mac" pie or macademia nut pancakes?