FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:01 am
a4b7ga

Here's the deal...

I wonder into this forum under this statement: I have knowledge of how things operate at the hotel and my statements are only here for your benefit and will not be held responsible if things don’t work out.

*This hotel has 17 different room types spread over 330 rooms. This 330 room count can change as units enter and leave the hotel. I say units can leave as this is a 100% condo hotel. I will not go in-depth on this topic, please use Google.
*The larger the unit the longer it takes to clean. So, if a guest is in one of the larger suites and checks out at 11am; it could still take a few hours for it to be cleaned as the hotel does not have a pit crew outside the door ready to bust in.
*This hotel, unlike most, actually sell their suites instead of just using them for upgrades.

With these items covered here are some items that my help you out.

If you try to check-in on Friday or Saturday or any day after a busy night...the earlier you try and check in the lower your chances of being upgraded. The hotel provides a hospitality suite to allow you to change and take a shower so you can enjoy the hotel's amenities or venture out of the hotel while you wait for your room. Again...the later you check-in the higher your chance of getting an upgrade....key word...CHANCE.

The hotel has a style (housekeeping) department that cleans unoccupied rooms well into the night. This means that a room will be available on SPG.com that is not cleaned or ready to be occupied. See the above statement.

You will have your best luck with late checkouts and early check-in during the week...Monday - Thursday.

If you book an SPG award and you want to gtd an upgrade, check your email confirmation. Most have an upgrade offer on the right hand side.

This hotel like most high demand SPG hotels can have 100 -150 platinums in the building at any one time. Especially from November -April...so plan accordingly.

Here are a few other items:
*All room type layouts are available under the room tab at wsouthbeach.com
*Wonderful Studios are on floors 3-9
*Spectacular Studios are on floors 10-19
*Fabulous Studios are on floors 3-5
*Mega Suites are on the 6th floor
*Bungalows are on the ground level in a separate building
*All other suites can range from the 3rd floor to the 19th.
*All Penthouses are on the 20th floor.