FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:25 pm
cybaslacka

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Oh lord.

My guess is that the suite was available when I got there, yet my reservation was not processed [ie I was not pre-booked into a suite], nor did the agent check to see if anything better was available at the time of check in.

So when I forced her hand and management became involved, I was assigned a suite I was entitled to.
lurker, perhaps my original question could have been better phrased. while one can always file a complaint after the stay, i was interested in the steps one should take right then n there, but it looks like cheap elite may have answered it.

everyone, my apologies if i am beating this to death... i am familiar with filing a complaint by calling spg customer care (i imagine this is what's being referred to as filing a corporate complaint), however, the 2 times i have done it in the past, a response was received about 1 day after the actual complaint. can you please tell me how you phrased the complaint to spg customer care on the phone? was it something along the lines of "i am here at xx property and front desk is telling me there are no standard suites available. however, on spg.com it shows every type of suite available (incl. the standard suites). on my behalf, can you please call the property's GM right now and help me sort this out"