FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W South Beach, Miami Beach [Master Thread]
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:38 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by holtju2
BTW it got even crazier that night. My non-status friend who checked in around 11:45PM was offered an Oasis suite for $200 upsell.

I normally get treated very well at the SPG properties I frequently stay. It is somewhat problematic, however, with the properties where I stay once/twice a year.
As I always ask, what is the Platinum upgrade for X property?

IIRC, the oasis suite is not a part of the platinum upgrade pool. So I wouldn't consider this a part of the issue.

We all know that some properties are proactive and chose to upgrade above and beyond SPG T&C's (example: the Westin Diplomat).

If you're non status friend had been offered a suite within the upgrade pool, then, by all means, that needs to be investigated as to why it's available at that time.

Granted it's plausible that at 11:45PM, there could have been late check outs so an upgraded room is now available. A suite that may not have been available during the normal check wave.

Can we get back to the W South Beach, Miami Beach discussion and move the "upgrade" discussion into one of the many previous threads?