FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trading for AAdvantage miles on Points.com
Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:24 am
shadesofgrey1x

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cody77
Thanks for all the information. On the trading and exchanging page, I don't think I've ever seen a fair trade ratio of 1:1. But when you sign in on the home page (towards the bottom) are people who post "Earning Opportunities". They post a message saying they need xxx miles and are willing to trade for xxx miles. Usually those are on a 1:1 ratio. It seems there is no way to do the trade without e-mailing these people though. I'm just wondering if the trading is done through the points.com site, or do I e-mail these people and we trade points by ourselves (like I go to Continental and put my miles in whoevers Onepass account, while the other person goes and puts their miles in my AAdvantage account.) I'm really not comfortable with the latter idea.
Also, does the 15,000 miles cap apply to just exchanging miles with other AAdvantage members, or does it apply to purchasing miles also?
You can get a 1:1 but they go fast. I got a 1:1 myself, and it was for Delta miles and I got AA (good bargain on my part as Skypesos are the lowest valued thing I have ever seen), when I traded. just keep looking or post a 1:1 yourself. You can trade by creating a post yourself. Some of those people who are blogging appear to be wanting to barter for miles off site. depending on how they do it you may be violating the T&Cs of one or both of the programs. Stick to the points.com accept a trade post a trade system.

Last edited by shadesofgrey1x; Sep 19, 2010 at 10:29 am Reason: hit send button too fast