FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everybody Gets a Back Rub Day and the NBS Nexus Again!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:52 pm
n4zhg
Suspended

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Well, folks this is a new one on me. Every Pax through the WTMD was told to turn toward the xray machine and the TSO then ran his hands down from the shoulders down the middle of the back ending just above the waist.

I was through and done before I realized that I watched this process on at least 12 Pax, plus me, and the TSO was still wearing the same gloves. Oh, well, so much for good sanitation.

This was after the TDC refused my Never Before Seen Nexus, no supervisor could be found, and I was asked at least five times "This is the last time I am going to ask you this, will you show me a driver's license?" To which I replied every time "The Nexus is an accepted form of ID according to your regulations." He finally went to the book, found it in about 3 minutes, and then apologized. He said that he had never seen a Nexus and that they needed to get the word out. I told him he is the third one I have had to train at this airport.

Eventually everyone will know if I keep this up. Can I bill the TSA a training fee?
How about a complaint form? (Yeah, like that will do any good)

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
1, 2, 3, 8, 9 and 10 on this encounter with three different folks. although I will give a break on 10 as my carry on gets opened up and swabbed about half the time. I had the printout from the web site with Nexus highlighted and handed it to the first TDC and you would have thought I had handed him a live rattlesnake from the way he threw it down.
This is why we need people on the land side videotaping the checkpoints. That way when TSA pulls excuse number six out of it's collective rectum why there is no recording of the incident we can say "no problem, we have our own, see you in court, respondent. Oh, by the way, we're putting it up on YouTube and calling the press."

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 14, 2010 at 1:09 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts