Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Everybody Gets a Back Rub Day and the NBS Nexus Again!

Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond

Well, folks this is a new one on me. Every Pax through the WTMD was told to turn toward the xray machine and the TSO then ran his hands down from the shoulders down the middle of the back ending just above the waist.

I was through and done before I realized that I watched this process on at least 12 Pax, plus me, and the TSO was still wearing the same gloves. Oh, well, so much for good sanitation.

This was after the TDC refused my Never Before Seen Nexus, no supervisor could be found, and I was asked at least five times "This is the last time I am going to ask you this, will you show me a driver's license?" To which I replied every time "The Nexus is an accepted form of ID according to your regulations." He finally went to the book, found it in about 3 minutes, and then apologized. He said that he had never seen a Nexus and that they needed to get the word out. I told him he is the third one I have had to train at this airport.

Eventually everyone will know if I keep this up. Can I bill the TSA a training fee?

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Sep 13, 2010 at 5:50 am Reason: spelling and clarification
Old Sep 13, 2010, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
Well, folks this is a new one on me. Every Pax through the WTMD was told to turn toward the xray machine and the TSO then ran his hands down from the shoulders down the middle of the back ending just above the waist.

I was though and done before I realized that I watched this process on at least 12 Pax, plus me, and the TSO was still wearing the same gloves. Oh, well, so much for good sanitation.

This was after the TDC refused my Never Before Seen Nexus, no supervisor could be found, and I was asked at least five times "This is the last time I am going to ask you this, will you show me a driver's license?" To which I replied every time "The Nexus is an accepted form of ID according to your regulations." He finally went to the book, found it in about 3 minutes, and then apologized. He said that he had never seen a Nexus and that they needed to get the word out. I told him he is the third one I have had to train at this airport. Eventually everyone will know. Can I bill the TSA a training fee?
"This is the last time I am going to ask you this"

"Thank Gods, you were being rather annoying"
Old Sep 13, 2010, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was through and done before I realized that I watched this process on at least 12 Pax, plus me, and the TSO was still wearing the same gloves. Oh, well, so much for good sanitation.

This was after the TDC refused my Never Before Seen Nexus, no supervisor could be found, and I was asked at least five times "This is the last time I am going to ask you this, will you show me a driver's license?" To which I replied every time "The Nexus is an accepted form of ID according to your regulations." He finally went to the book, found it in about 3 minutes, and then apologized. He said that he had never seen a Nexus and that they needed to get the word out. I told him he is the third one I have had to train at this airport.

Eventually everyone will know if I keep this up. Can I bill the TSA a training fee?
How could this TSA Travel Document Checker be qualified to man that position if they do not know which ID's are on the TSA list?

Seems TSA training and employee management is at fault.

The responsible TSA managers should be fired for signing off that an employee is qualified when that is obviously not the case.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
How could this TSA Travel Document Checker be qualified to man that position if they do not know which ID's are on the TSA list?

Seems TSA training and employee management is at fault.

The responsible TSA managers should be fired for signing off that an employee is qualified when that is obviously not the case.
Part of the "inconsistency" in screening methods that they use to keep terrorists off balance is to employ TSOs with varying degrees of stupidity and lack of training.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by oldjonesy
"This is the last time I am going to ask you this"

"Thank Gods, you were being rather annoying"
~That~ was funny.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:32 am

I believe that a training contract would require going through the competitive bidding process. Maybe if you got a certain Chertoff clan member to "sponsor" you, you might be able to overcome some of the hurdles.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:47 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
File 2 complaints, one for the document checker workfare worker and one for being groped with no probable cause. 1-866-289-9673. (TSA complaint line)
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
What an idiot. I wonder how many people have taken his threat seriously, and have been unable to use NEXUS, pp card, etc..

As far as the groping, what the hell?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Clearly, you don't understand.

(Please choose one from below as a response.)

1. There are so many IDs, we can't be expected to know them all (much less accept them).

2. Don't you have a Drivers License? Everyone has a Drivers License.

3. We are a young agency. These things take time. So, until we all know what a NEXUS card is, you need to produce something else, like a Passport Card.

4. Sorry, we don't accept the NEXUS card.

5. Sorry, we don't accept the Passport Card.

6. They haven't started that program yet.

7. Don't you have a Passport? Everyone has a Passport.

8. The TSA website is out of date.

9. The SOP is out of date.

10. We're going to have to give you a secondary and search your bag.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
Clearly, you don't understand.

(Please choose one from below as a response.)

1. There are so many IDs, we can't be expected to know them all (much less accept them).

2. Don't you have a Drivers License? Everyone has a Drivers License.

3. We are a young agency. These things take time. So, until we all know what a NEXUS card is, you need to produce something else, like a Passport Card.

4. Sorry, we don't accept the NEXUS card.

5. Sorry, we don't accept the Passport Card.

6. They haven't started that program yet.

7. Don't you have a Passport? Everyone has a Passport.

8. The TSA website is out of date.

9. The SOP is out of date.

10. We're going to have to give you a secondary and search your bag.

You forgot:

11. SENTRI card? Where did you get that ID from, France?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/08/talk-to-...zing-twic.html

Talk to TSA Response: Recognizing TWIC Cards and Other Forms of ID at TSA Checkpoints

In reviewing the last few weeks worth of submissions, one issue that came up consistently was the acceptance of different forms of ID at security checkpoints.
Didn't Pi$$y say this was going to be fixed?

Leadership in action!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium

Talk to TSA Response: Recognizing TWIC Cards and Other Forms of ID at TSA Checkpoints

Leadership in action!
Any we are supposed to believe his claims?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL AA

Leadership in action!
Looks like your thumb slipped and hit the space bar.
Fixed it for you:Leadership inaction!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Any we are supposed to believe his claims?
Well he is head of TSA, had a background check and took and oath.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well he is head of TSA, had a background check and took and oath.
lol

Unless he has shiny, tin badge, I'm still not sure if I can trust him..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.