FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nuremberg: Le Meridien or Arabella Sheraton [Master Thread]
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:36 pm
UALFLYER1

OK Hotel

Hi Guys,
I have stayed in the LM Nuremberg at least 4 times in the last 6 months and have been meaning to contribute on my review. Overall, "OK" hotel. I agree, its Europe and all so it has its charm being old. But this hotel is old. For example, if you compare this against the LM in Vienna or LM or Munich, it has no comparisson. This sort of compares to the LM in Frankfurt, which to me is also a BIT old.

Anyway, I am an SPG Plat. So I got upgraded 3/4 times, which is great. The upgraded room is actually 2 tiny rooms being combined into 1. So its not that big, but its good. The living room is fine with a little couch and a desk. I don't think they have Kings in this hotel. Its usually, 2 single beds combined into 1. So it was not bad at all. I do not like the comforters in Germany as they are 2 single comforters and I always lose them at night

I thought breakfast was outrageous. Something like 20 or 25 Euros. I did that one day and then went around the corner to the town and ate there most often. The service was not that great for breakfast. You order your egg and then you have to get up and go get it...they just leave it outside. Weird.

The bar was actually OK at night to watch some sports.

Overall, aging hotel. Good location and people in the front desk are friendly. But the hotel needs a serious upgrade.

UALFLYER1