FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1st trip to Oahu 1/4/11 - 1/9/11
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:27 pm
smithrh

Originally Posted by tednugent(no relation)
Maybe hike Stairway to Heaven (also called Haiku Steps or 10,000 Stairs; not for the faint hearted).
Never could find these; I think I was close but was getting the eye from the neighbors so I left the area.

I didn't want to climb, but I did want to photograph them. Any pointers for the next time I go?

To the OP - I'd get a car. There's too much to be seen on the island to be stuck waiting for a slow bus. I actually love driving in Hawaii - go slow and drink it all in.

Weather will be just fine, but be aware that this includes showers, sometimes heavy. If you're looking for sun, you can almost always get it on the west side of the island. As others have noted, you can be overcast and rainy on one side yet perfectly sunny and blue skies on the other. That time of year you'll want to check out the beaches on the north shore, you may catch some big time surfing action or even a tournament.

I would be extremely hesitant to leave anything anywhere at any time, sadly enough. I love Hawaii, been there many times and I'll be back, but property crime exists there to a pretty high extent.

Last edited by smithrh; Sep 7, 2010 at 8:28 pm Reason: quoting borken again