FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread
Old Sep 6, 2010, 7:38 pm
nickis

Question EasyJet and Arkefly

I am trying to help my mother book a flight and have questions re. AMS connections. She has never flown via AMS before and I am trying to set her mind at ease that the connections will be fine (at least I'm hoping they will!).

Outbound flight. She plans to fly EasyJet to LGW-AMS arriving at 8:35am, with a separate ticket on Arkefly from AMS-CUR leaving at 11:20am. There is no eticket option for AMS-CUR so she will have to pick up the ticket at AMS on arrival. From what I have read in this thread I believe 2hrs 45 mins will be plenty of time for her to collect her Arkefly ticket and check in? Will she have to go through customs at AMS after arriving from LGW? Will she have to go through security again for the AMS-CUR flight?

Return flight. Arkefly CUR-AMS arriving at 10:00am, with Easyjet AMS-LGW leaving at 12noon. Is this feasible? I believe she will she be able to check in and print her boarding pass online with Easyjet prior to leaving CUR, so that should help. Will she have to go through customs at AMS and then go through security again for the AMS-LGW flight or can she go straight to the departure gate?

Would it be best to bring carry on luggage only, for speed reasons?

I know I'm asking for a lot of specifics, but it would really help to know the logistics and I can't seem to find anything on the Easyjet site. The Arkefly site is only in Dutch...so that doesn't help at all.

Thanks for any insights.