FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD-SIN in F, What to Expect?
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2010, 6:12 am
BizBuzzBee

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Currently 3/4 way through a F trip to SYD via SIN. Will put up more details when not on holiday but quick summary.

I left at 1530 landed at 2145 all on time. At check in you get a fast track security which took 5 mins max. The SYD lounge had amazing food as always - included in a dessert which had candy floss (but a bit posh). I had a proper 30 min massage in lounge too.

Boarding was quick as I was called for lounge at 2:45 and economy was all on board by looks. The crew were fab - as bit tired but its a long one. There were only 4 off us in first so rather than be lazy and slope off they turned to magic moment creation mode. The CSD even did a quick pop round to say hello.

The wines were top notch and bubbles flowed. The food was fab. The purser decided to created a taster plate of deserts for me. Then decided to insist we tried to cheese - "Even if we just nibbled".

I had no intentions of sleep so crew kept we filled up with wine and exspresso shots. The inslight choices were pleenty to keep me amused. Crew also made up my bed and checked with us that the temperature of cabin was ok.

Couple of hours before landed had some lovely afternoon tea with delightful sannies and naughty but very nice cakes - think little pink fancies!

The cabin in slightly dated but refresh is on way - quite frankly with service and soft product I rate it as better than my middle eastern carriers who insist on shutting me into an MDF shuttered coffin.

The type of flights that remind you that BA is top notch and even more so that CREW can turn average product into extraordinary experience!

PS I have to fly Jetstar tommorow grrr I think alchol may be required even if its just 2 hours and I have an extra leg room seat.