FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Special offer to Barbados with your BA Miles... or not?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 7:16 am
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Just had a look at the Exececutive Club offers page and came across this and it is now a half price sale. Economy only

================================================== =====

Fly to Barbados for 50% fewer BA Miles

Coral reefs fringe the Barbados shoreline, while the trade winds ensure a pleasant tropical climate. The people are always happy to greet you and make you feel at home.

And now there’s another reason for making Barbados your destination of choice for your next reward flight. If you plan to pay using either full
BA Miles or Part Cash Part Miles, we’ll take you there for 50% off the usual BA Miles.

The offer applies to flights in World Traveller booked from now until
3 October 2010 for travel between 3 September 2010 and 31 March 2011. If all this makes it sound a rather exclusive offer, that’s because it is.

================================================== =======

Only seems to be 1st Feb and 1st March available in 2011 but lots of dates in mid to late January.

I'd rather keep my remaining miles left for any future WTP to CW by MFU but unlikely to travel much in 2011/12 so may as well use them now for a nice winter break.

Did a few dummy bookings and £524 for me/Mrs P from EDI-LGW-BGI in economy. 3 star hotels, which is fine for a 9-10 day winter holiday are around £600 so thinking of booking for 9 days in January.

Am I doing the right thing/is it a good deal??

Thanks again.

Pete